Welcome to the Gunsmoke wiki!
Welcome to our wiki. We're a collaborative community website that has 787 pages about everything concerning the now iconic, legendary long-running CBS-TV western series Gunsmoke and the subsequent TV movies that were later made that anyone, including you, can edit. Click the edit button at the top of any page to get started!
About the show
Gunsmoke is an American television series that ran from 1955 (the series was titled Marshal Dillon until the 1960-61 TV season) to 1975 on CBS. Airing Saturday nights at 10:00 PM, the show follows U.S. Marshall Matt Dillon who upholds the law in 1870s Dodge City, Kansas. Enjoyed by millions over the years, Gunsmoke is often called television's greatest Western. The show currently airs weekdays on MeTV network at 1:00pm and on Encore weekdays at 4:15pm.
- James Arness - Matt Dillon (Season 1-20)
- Amanda Blake - Kitty Russell (Season 1-19)
- Milburn Stone - Doc Adams (Season 1-20)
- Dennis Weaver - Chester Goode (Season 1-9)
- Burt Reynolds - Quint Asper (Season 8-10)
- Ken Curtis - Festus Haggen (Season 8-20)
- Roger Ewing - Thad Greenwood (Season 11-12)
- Buck Taylor - Newly O'Brian (Season 13-20)
Latest News Feeds
2021/10/09 07:00- -
- Amanda Blake: What Happened to Miss Kitty from 'Gunsmoke'? Wide Open Country...
2021/09/10 07:00- -
- September 10: ON THIS DAY IN HISTORY Brooklyn Daily Eagle...
2021/08/16 07:00- -
- James Arness' net worth: How rich was the Gunsmoke actor at his death Tuko.co.ke...
2021/07/08 07:00- -
- Burt Reynolds Got His Start as Quint Asper On 'Gunsmoke' Wide Open Country...
2021/04/06 07:00- -
- EIGHINGER: After all these years, Marshal Dillon still hasn't kissed Miss Kitty Herald-Whig...
Matt Dillon (James Arness) was the central character featured on both the radio and television versions of Gunsmoke. He serves as the U.S. Marshal of Dodge City, Kansas, who works to preserve law and order in the western frontier of the 1870s. The character was created by writer John Meston, who envisioned him as a man "...whose hair is probably red, if he's got any left. He'd be handsomer than he is if he had better manners but life and his enemies have left him looking a little beat up, and I suppose having seen his mother (back about 1840) trying to take a bath in a wooden washtub without fully undressing left his soul a little warped. Anyway, there'd have to be something wrong with him or he wouldn't have hired on as a United States Marshal in the heyday of Dodge City, Kansas." See more:>
- Not sure where to start?